19.7.07

Auf Wiedersehen!

Hey all,

This is my last post from the good ol' US of A for awhile.

I'm about to leave for pre-departure orientation (hanging out at a hotel near Dulles) for several days. Our flight to Germany goes out of Dulles Saturday afternoon. After I get to Germany, I'll be at language camp (at the boarding school with the castle) for three weeks until August 11th. For those three weeks, I likely won't be able to post quite as much. Bear with me.

Anyway, it's been a tremendous last summer. I'm going to miss so many things about the United States, but this whole experience will be so worth it.

I would classify my mood and outlook right now as chill and content but looking forward to it. I guess it still hasn't hit me that I'm leaving.

I hope you guys all have wonderful years of college, high school, work, family, loved ones, travel, or whatever you encounter.

Take it easy.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wow, it's weird to think you're gone for a year. Definitely hasn't settled in yet. I hope your flight to Germany was good times and that you managed to find a copy of HP somewhere. I just finished it last night and found it to be a pleasant conclusion. When you finally get settled and all, hook me up with a mailing address so Claude and I and drunk write you a letter. Hope all is well, and keep blogging.